Here are 10 reasons to help you stay safe online. Let the kids and you read it together and absorb all the 10 top tips I have given you. Lets together manage the Web and make it a much safer place for all our kids and the next generation.
1) Never ever post personal information online such as your address, email address or mobile telephone number.
2) Remember to think carefully before posting any pictures or any videos of yourself or others. Once you have committed putting a picture of yourself online, it can be seen by the whole world and people may be able to download it so it’s not just your own picture anymore.
3) Always keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords or pin codes.
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know as they may be older than what they say.
6) Don’t meet up with people you have met online as you know nothing about them and remember to speak to your parents or guardians about any person trying to meet up with you.
7) Always remember that not everyone online is who they say they are, they may be an adult but saying they are a child.
8) Always think very carefully about what you say before you post something online as it can often not be removed or taken out of context.
9) Always respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with them. Someone else’s views may often differ to yours but don’t offend people for saying what they think.
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, leave the website immediately then turn off your computer. After this go and tell an adult what has been happening.
Remember these tips at all times to help keep you staying safe online at all times.